Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Catching Up With Me: Updates!

Hello beauties,

Today I just want to chill and catch up with you guys. Alot has been going on lately, so I am going to fill you in!

Firstly, thanks to all who read my blog. The views have been increasing lately, and I appreciate all of the support. <3

So some updates about my wedding: Our wedding date has been moved to July 27, 2012. I am breathing a huge sigh of relief- I still have some time to plan! The wedding has also taken an entirely different course...
We originally planned to do the small ceremony , followed by a small reception at our home. We originally planned on around 30 guests. Well, our "Original" plans went straight out the window this week! And I think the plans changed for the better. My future mother in law and I began to plan the reception this week after we paid for and finalized a wedding date.  While we were planning, we came to some realizations. We have a beautiful home with a good amount of space outdoors, but for a reception? We don't have enough tables, chairs, etc for even 30 guests- and the guest list is at 65.  We would have to rent extra things, which would be a huge cost. We also considered weather. Sure, we hope that it will be nothing less than gorgeous in July, but you never know. We defintely wouldn't be able to move the party inside. You don't throw a wedding without a backup plan-ever. We also considered the formailty. Our original plan was to make all of the food here and grill for the reception. We planned this in an effort to save money. This would require me, my fiancee, and my in-laws having to work on our wedding day ( taking care of guests, cooking, etc.) Also, the outdoor space posed the problem of having no place to dance. So grilling, no dancing? We surely couldn't expect guests to show up in formal attire. Although our at - home reception was planned to save costs, we decided it wasn't worth it. We figured-this is a once in a lifetime event. We want it to be nice- and formal. So we booked a nice reception room at a local hotel. It has a proper dance floor, bar, buffet, etc. We are excited at the change of plans! I will keep you posted as we continue the planning process.

I have really been enjoying not working. Although sometimes I wish I had more work, I also have to remind myself that my fiancee and I will be working more than ever come September. I am trying to make the most of the time I have now. I am able to maintain a spotless apartment, read, paint, workout, draw, garden, bake, anything I please. I know that this fall, alot of these things probably won't happen. I've really just been living life to the fullest, and it has been peaceful.

On another note, I miss America and my family greatly. I find myself wishing I could be at my mom's house for just one day. Or an hour. I would give anything to give my mom and brother a hug and play with my dog Phil. To simply lay down for a few minutes in my old room. I am missing America, but I live insuch a beautiful place here!

Lots of cool events this week. Mother's Day, Father's Day, and my aunt Becky is getting married on Friday! I am so bummed that I cannot be there in New York to celebrate :(

I have to admit, I haven't had the best attitude lately. I have been stressed about the wedding, money, being homesick, family drama, the list never seems to end. I have felt negative and thought "why me?" a great deal. This weekend, I had to step back and reflect, and scold myself. So many people go through horrible things, far more horrible than I, and have positive, hopeful attitudes. I have plenty of food, a roof over my head, nice things, and love. I have it so good. My challenge to all of you is to find the good and the positive in your lives this  week, despite any yucky stuff that is happening.

I hope you all have a fabulous week, and as always, stay tuned for more posts! <3
X's and O's,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment