Friday, May 4, 2012

Getting Ready: Time Savers

Hello Gorgeouses!

One of my favorite parts of every day is getting ready. Getting ready is thereputic for me and I really enjoy it. But like alot of people, I don't always have alot of time to spend getting ready for the day. That doesn't mean you have to comprimise looking great! Here are a few of my tips to save you time getting ready, without sacrificing the glamor!

1.Plan your outfit in advance. Sounds pretty obvious, right? But alot of us spend so much time trying to decide what to wear when we are getting ready. My advice is to pick your clothes out the day before, so you just have to throw your clothes on and go! Set the outfit and accessories out so you don't forget anything. Another piece of clothing advice? Have a few go-to looks, and ditch things you don't feel great in. Having a few go-to looks for a variety of occassions will give you an option when all else fails. Go to options should make you feel confident. Sometimes when I am getting ready, I avoid clothes that I percieve to make me look "fat". I would spend time going through your wardrobe, and get rid of anything that you aren't 100% confident in. That way, you'll only own clothes that make you feel beautiful.

2.Practice with your hair. Spend time on a weekend or lazy afternoon practicing some fast, yet stylish hairstyles for your hair. Look up youtube tutorials, etc and get 3 or 4 hairstyles down that you can do in just a few minutes. This way, when you're running late, you just have to pick one!

3. Practice with your makeup. Like your hair, get a few quick makeup looks down that can be done in a flash, or on the go. Usually fast makeup is more natural, but if your daily routine is a little more complex, you can still do it fast. The more you do a routine, the quicker you become.

4. Shower the night before. Most people I know take their showers in the mornings. I have always been an evening showerer, and it saves alot of time. I also feel like it is more hygenic. If you're out and about all day long, working out, etc., waiting until morning to shower is...gross in my opinion. Think about it: you are sleeping in your own ickyness. Showering the night before also saves time. You don't have to wake up extra early to shower and then blowdry your hair, etc. You can either sleep in, or use time you would normally shower to get fancier with your hair or makeup.

I know. All of this is so obvious, but so many people don't consider these things! Trust me, they have saved me more than once! :)

X's and O's,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment