Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Book Review: Gossip Girl

Hello Sunshines!

Reading is an activity I have always enjoyed, and I have recently been reading more and more. An all-time favorite book of mine is Gossip Girl. I have read it 3 times in the past 2 weeks! I wanted to write my thoughts on the book for you, it's an easy, enticing read that would be perfect for a relaxing spring/summer day!

Gossip Girl is the book on which the hit TV show is based. The book tells the story of several teens who were born into lives of extreme luxury (well, most of them anyways). They all live in the Upper East side of New York City in Penthouses. They have several vacation houses, limitless bank accounts, and they all attend private, single sex schools in New York. The girls all go to Constance Billard, and the boys attend Riverside Preperatory School For Boys. Gossip Girl is the first book in the Gossip Girl series. The main characters are Serena Van Der Woodsen, Blair Waldorf, Nate Archibald, Chuck Bass, Jenny Humphrey, Dan Humprhey, and Vanessa Abrahms. The first four listed are the "chosen ones", the super rich, super attractive teens. Jenny, Dan, and Vanessa are regular kids who just happen to attened the same schools as the others.

What is with the title? Gossip Girl is actually a website in the story, that keeps all of the teens up-to-date on the latest gossip. Gossip Girl's identity is unknown, but it is indicated that she leads a life of luxury as well. Gossip Girl writes the dirt on the students at the schools, particulary focusing on the main characters.

This book was fantasitc, in my opinion. The author really pulls you in to the lifestyles of the super rich. I almost felt like I was experiencing the characters lives first-hand. The author used great detail and painted a great picture of the characters. The tv show did a pretty good job with the casting of the rich teens, however I feel that the characters of Vanessa and Jenny were WAY off in appearance and somewhat in character as well. If you enjoy the Tv series, I would highly suggest the books. The book took me about 3 hours to read without interruptions. I am in love with this series, I reccomend checking out all of these books!

What are your favorite reads at the moment?
X's and O's,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment