Monday, May 7, 2012

May 7, 2012 One Year

Hey everyone!
Today I want to do a special diary type post because it is a special day! Today is May 7th, and it has now officially been 1 year that I have been together with my fiancee.  This post is dedicated to this, and I thought I would share some of our story with you!


I met Andre in March of 2011. I had been going through an extremely difficult time in my life, and had been pretty down. A friend of mine was good friends with Andre, and she invited him to a party she and I were going to. Truth be told, I didn't want to go to that party. But my friend got me in the spirit, so we went.
When Andre arrived at the party, I didn't take much notice. Of course, I thought he was totally gorgeous right away, but he almost seemed TOO gorgeous, like he was probably aware of how cute he was. I didn't go near him much at the party, but he did come up and talk to me eventually. I don't know what I was expecting him to say( probably introducing himself?), but nothing could prepare me for the first thing he ever said to me. He came up to me, and without even saying his name, said " Hey, do you want to get pregnant?" I was suprised at the boldness of this jerk( who says that?!?!), and responded with something along the lines of "who do you think you are?". Realizing that I was unamused and had taken his statement seriously, he got red in the face and started apologizing, saying he was only kidding and just wanted to be funny, because he had heard me talking to people all night and he thought I was funny. Seeing how embarrassed he was made me feel kind of bad for him, and I did give him my number.
We began talking everyday, and were instantly best friends. We hung out everyday, and talked about anything and everything. We confided in each other from the begining. Of course, I was falling for him the whole time, and he was for me as well, but I didn't know. Late April, early in the week, we had planned on having a super epic weekend together. But some unexpected money on Tuesday changed out plans- I was on a plane to Los Angeles instead that friday. I would be gone for 8 days. Of course I would miss him ( yes, we had kissed at this point), but this was an important family event I didn't want to miss. When I had been in LA for a couple of days, Andre had texted me the usual "Goodnight, I love you" He always told me he loved me, because we were best friends! But something inside of me got the courage to ask him if he meant it as a friend, or if he was in love with me. When he replyed "Im really in love with you, I hope that's ok", my heart skipped a beat. I loved him too. The next 6 days seemed to drag on, I couldn't wait to see him! He suprised me by waiting for me at the airport the day i came back. That evening, we had a date, and he asked me to be his girlfriend. I was thrilled and said yes. Here is the thing , though. Andre was an exchange student from Germany. He would be going back to Germany in exactly one month. We decided that we still wanted to give things a try, and that's what we did. Andre left in June 2011, and I was so scared. Not knowing when or if I would see him again was hard. At the begining of the summer, I booked a flight to visit him in October for his winter break. We started counting down the days, and I worked and spent time with friends and family to pass the time. The distance was hard, but we pulled through, and finally got to see each other. My trip was great, but it had to come to an end. When I flew home, we knew we didn't want  to be apart, and decided that I would move to Germany- In January 2012. That time flew.

I moved to Germany in January, and it has been wonderful. Andre and I got our first apartment and furniture together, and we have loved every minute of living together.
On March 20, 2012, Andre asked me to be his wife, and I said yes. We will be married this summer.

This year has been the best time of my life.  Our love has overcome incredible distances, judgement, and more. We have laughed together, cried together, and grown together. My love for Andre gets stronger with each passing day, and I know his love for me does as well. He is my very best friend in the entire world, and I would be lost without him. He has shown me what it means to truly fall in love and trust someone. He has shown me the world through a different set of eyes, and I am lucky that I will get to spend the rest of my life trying to see the world through his eyes. We have has a fantastic year, and I hope the years to follow are just as fantastic. I love you, Andre. One year down, forever to go. Ever thine. Ever Mine. Ever Ours. <3
<3 Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment