Sunday, May 6, 2012

Packing Tips!

Hey there Beautifuls!
This is going to be just a really brief post about packing. Since Summer vacays are right around the corner, I thought I would share my tips for packing efficiently, and not forgetting anything!

1. I like to spend time in advance planning my clothes. About 2 weeks in advance, I try on clothes I want to bring to make sure things look good together, etc. This way, if I need anything additional, I have time to go out and buy it!

2. Always bring a nice outfit and shoes. Even if you're going on a wilderness type trip, trust me. You never know where your adventures will take you. Perhaps you will find a swanky restaurant or something. Pack some nice heels and a dress! :)

3. Pack light. Hahahaha. I am usually the WORST person at packing lightly. I would pack so many extra shirts, etc in case I felt like wearing something different, etc. My advice for packing lightly? Make sure that some of your pieces can be worn mulitple ways, multiple times. For example, you could plan on wearing the same pair of jeans 2 or 3 times. The lighter you pack, the better.

4. Make a list. When you are planning your outfits, write everything down! Yes, this includes socks, underwear, etc! Write each item down specifically, and don't cross it off until it is in your suitcase! I can't count how many times I have realized I forgot a piece WHILE I WAS ON THE PLANE! :p

5. Your carryon. Carry-on luggage shouldn't be too heavy. You don't want to drag around too much stuff. However, I do reccomend that your carry on include an extra outfit( if you're wearing jeans to the airport, an extra shirt, underwear, socks) and essential toiletries. Things happen. I have been on flights where my luggage was misplaced, and I had to wait to recieve it until the next day. I have been delayed for hours on end in the airport. And there are those situations that flights are so delayed that you could end up in a hotel. Be prepared! Any important documents, medications, chargers, other items you'd hate to loose, etc should be in your carry-on luggage.

6. Give yourself time before you head to the airport. Allow yourself a 20 to 30 minute time slot before you leave to double check everything. Make sure that everything you wanted/ needed is packed in your suitcase, and make sure you have all medicine, docs, etc. It doesn't hurt to double check yourself.

I hope some of these tips  were helpful to you. The biggest thing is packing as lightly as possible! Have a great trip, and leave me your tips below!

X's and O's,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment