Thursday, August 22, 2013

Cabbage Soup Diet Diary- Days 6&7, and My Review of the Diet

Day 6:
Beef and Vegetables: Eat to your heart’s content of beef and vegetables this day. You can even have 2 or 3 steaks if you like, with leafy green vegetables. No Baked Potato. Eat your soup at least once.

I am not going to lie, this day was excruciating. I was feeling totally run-down and lousy. Despite my severe hunger, I could hardly stomach the food today. The mere thought of food was making me sick to my stomach. I did manage to eat 1 bowl of soup, and 2 very tiny steak filets. I also drank my water and lots of tea. I attempted to exercise, but nearly fainted, so I tried sleeping.  I was desperate for that brown rice on day 7....


Day 7:
Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and vegetables: Again stuff, stuff, stuff yourself. Be sure to eat your soup at least once this day.

A little background :

The evening of day 6, I had the hardest time falling asleep. I did eventually get to sleep at about midnight or so. Unfortunately, I was awaken at 3:30 by cold sweats and a fever. My body was shaking and I felt like vomiting. It was the lack of food taking it's toll, I knew, but I didn't want to give up. I attempted to drink water and relax. My efforts were of no help. At about 6 , I got up to make myself some brown rice and juice. I figured that this would help me feel better. My symptoms were worse, and my blood pressure had dropped enormously. I normally have low blood pressure ( the top number s usually 80), and the number had gone to 60. I drank juice, and managed a few bites of rice. My symptoms continued to worsen, and I was on the verge of having to go to hospital.

Because of the circumstances, I had to give up on the diet. I ate a few nutrition bars, and fresh fruit. I am feeling a bit better. I will still drink the juices and eat rice today, but I need a few other healthy additives to sustain me. I feel incredibly guilty for giving up on the 7th day, however, it was not worth being in the hospital over.


My Final Thoughts:

My final results- I lost 5 pounds. I can't complain, that is good for 6 days! My stomach is flatter, and my system is clean. Although I could not complete the program, I did benefit from it.

Would I recommend it?

It depends.

I went into the diet with a very positive mindset. I figured "hey, it's only a week!". I have a very strong will-power, and I struggled immensely.

If you decide to give it a try, here are some things to keep in mind:

1. If you have health issues, you need to consider how this diet will effect you. This diet is extremely low calorie, low carb, low sugar, and sodium/fat free. A week doesn't seem too long, but it can take a serious toll on the body if you aren't careful.

2. The program is not designed for long term weight loss. Healthy weight loss is the loss of fat, this diet causes you to lose water weight. If you return to unhealthy habits afterwards, you will gain it all back. If you eat a healthy, balanced diet afterwards, you will likely keep the majority of the weight off.

Although I didn't make it the last day, I still feel like the diet was a success. The diet inspired me to eat better. Even in the last few days of starvation, I wasn't craving junk. I was craving fruits, and egg whites. I was craving healthy foods. I do feel like the diet is a great way to jump-start a healthier lifestyle.

All in all, I am pleased with my experience, despite the hard times. If you think you can do it, go for it! I just ask that if you start feeling extremely ill, or experience other symptoms, to stop the diet immediately. No diet is worth extreme health risks!

Have you tried this diet? What were your experiences with it?
X's and O's,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment