Tuesday, September 11, 2012

May We Never Forget

Hey everyone,

Today, it is with a heavy heart that myself, and my fellow Americans remember the tragic events of September 11, 2001.

I was a mere 4th grader at the time, and I remember my mom driving to the gas station before I started school that day. She came back to the car after hearing the radio inside of the gas station, and said" the towers in New York were attacked". I didn't really understand just what that meant, but I knew it sounded serious. When I got to school, the teachers had the tvs on, everyone was in shock. I understood how serious this was when I saw a clip of the towers being attacked on the television. I remember how united we all felt afterwards.

My country has never been the same since the attacks. It has brought us into war, and increased  security everywhere.

Today I heard a song tribute to 9/11. It was the song "Heaven" slowed, and a small girl was talking throughout the song to her father who had lost his life that day. She was telling him how she had started kindergarten, and how much she missed him, and asked if it was true that he wasn't coming home. Naturally, I bawled my eyes out. It is so heartbreaking to think that because of the creul actions of a group of people, so many people lost their loved ones.

I would like to thank all of the troops, police officers, firefighters, medics, and rescue animals for everything they do for my country.

I have America and all of those affected by these tragic events in my prayers today. May god be with all of us today.

I am so beyond proud to be an American. I know that other countries sympathize with us on this day.

Remember everyone: Tomorrow is never promised. I hope each and every one of you remember to live in the moment, not just today, but everyday. Be kind to people, make ammends, and live life to the fullest, because you're never garunteed the next five minutes, and neither are your loved ones.

May we never forget.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment