Monday, September 17, 2012

Snuggle Sundays!

Hello, hello!
I want to start a series called Snuggle Sundays, where I can just catch up with you guys and share my week and things that inspired me, etc. I would love to see posts about your weeks as well!

This week was such a good one! I had such a positive attitude all week, and things ran smoothly.

I know some of you may not believe, but I started listening to podcasts by Joel Osteen, and I was reinspired by religion. Growing up, My mom was Catholic and my father wasn't religious. Despite being Catholic, my mother never attended church, and I had no real idea of God. When my parents divorced, my siblings, mother and I all moved closer to her family, her very Catholic family. All of the sudden, I was made to go to church every Sunday, and pray before meals when we were at grandma's. I was young, and church bored me, as did the fact my mother FORCED church upon me. I ended up resenting the church a little bit, and questioned if there was a God. Catholic church has always  seemed so judgemental to me. Anyways, I ran across Joel Osteen, and he has made religion something enjoyable for me. He really speaks in a way that I understand, and that inspires me. Never did I think I would see the day where I would be praying and listening to religious podcasts! I think I like it because I found it and enjoy it on my terms. Even if you don't believe in God, you should still give it a listen! Joel covers basic morals and good ways to live everyday life1

I have also been inspired to "clean" out my life. I enjoy doing spring cleaning, but I also do a "fall cleaning" yearly. For the next 4 weeks, I am really going to concentrate on eating healthy, taking car of my body, my mind, and my apartment. My goals are to drink plenty of water, drink green tea to detox( as inspire by Elle Fowler), exercise regularly, deep clean and organize my apartment, develop an overall positive attitude/environment for myself, and taking care of myself in the beauty department. Four weeks is perfect, because My Birthday is in exactly a month! I know New Year's may be far away, but I think of birthdays sort of like new years, it's a chance to live another year of your life right!

This week, expect updates, and fall shopping 101, enjoying your job, and an introduction to my new blog! I hope everyone has an awesome week!!!!

X's and O's,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment