Thursday, July 26, 2012

Wedding Things: Is This All Necessary?

Hello beauties!

We are all too familiar with the events of a wedding. First, the engagement party, then the bridal shower, bachelor/ bachelorette parties, the rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, reception, and sometimes, brunch the next morning! For people on a budget, people who are extremely busy, or people who are low-key, this is a huge amount, and many people question the necessity of these events. Here's a little guide to explain the purpose of these events, and the pros/cons of each.

The Engagement Party:

An engagement party is a great way to celebrate your engagement, and is a great way for guests to get to know each other a little before the wedding. However, engagement parties can be costly, and are not crucial. If someone is willing to throw one for you, great. If you are set on having one, but are on a budget, you could try a barbeque, or another fun, less expensive alternative to the traditional thing. Engagement parties are great, but not necessary.

The Bridal Shower:

This is at the discretion of your wedding party/mother/mother in-law. Brides don't throw themselves a shower, so it's up to your bridal party!

Bachelor/ Bachelorette Parties:

Again, this is up to the wedding party and close friends. Typically, the wedding party each pays their own way, then all chip in for the expense of the bride/groom. This is not necessary, but it is tradition. The cons of this event? These parties can get out of control, so state your limits upfront.

The Reharsal Dinner:

Weather or not this particular event is necessary depends on your wedding style. If it is a formal ceremony, or you have a wedding party, it is a good idea . Typically, everyone will want a little guidance. However, if you are not having a formal ceremony, or not having a wedding party, it is appropriate to skip this event.

The Ceremony:

Duh, this is the most important part!

The reception:

You should have a reception, even if it is as small as cake and punch afterwards. There are many ways to cut costs, but a reception is defintely a necessary event!

Good-bye brunch/party:
If you can afford it, and have any patience or energy left the next day, this is a do. If not, don't weat, I'd say this is totally not a necessity.

Diary Entry July 26, 2012:
Tomorrow is the big day! As you can imagine, I am over the moon! Today has consisted of last minute cleaning and preperations. I am going in an hour to have my hair washed by the stylist for tomorrow's style. Tonight we are having a little barbeque, and practicing our dance a little bit ;) A long time friend of mine is coming in time for the reception, and is staying for the weekend. I am looking forward to seeing her! I do wish my family could be here, but we are having a second US wedding, so I get to start the planning process all over again. I will not have a post for you tomorrow, but I will resume posting on Saturday. I can't believe I will be a married woman tomorrow! I will try to post Sunday and re-cap the whole wedding experience for you! Tonight I am going to take a long, relaxing bath and pamper myself with bath bombs and a facial. Ahhhh. :) I hope you enjoyed my las tpost as a single woman!

X's and O's,
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, congratulations!!! I just found your blog today, and it is so cute! Also, I love the wedding posts! I'm not engaged, or married, but hopefully it will happen by the end of the year...

    I'm so excited for you! Seriously, brides and pregnant women are the people you can just be incredibly happy for, even if you don't know them. ;)

    http://www.annabelpierce.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, hon!
    I hope it happens for you soon! Best feeling in the world! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love your blog, I think I followed a while ago but I forgot to comment! Anyways, I would love it if you could check mine out at foreverfuchsia.com and maybe we could follow each other? Thanks, and I love the wedding posts!

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, first of all Congratulations! Second, your blog is so cute! I just started following ..would love if you could check mine out:

    http://aaperception.blogspot.ca/
    xx

    ReplyDelete