Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy Flying Tips

Hello beauties:)
I don't know about you, but I fly ALOT. Flying is my favorite mode of transportation. But flying can take a toll on your skin, body, and patience. I am actually traveling by air tomorrow( long international flights), so I thought that this would be a perfect time to share some tips for a happy and more beautiful travel experience:)
1. 2 days before your scheduled flight, call or check the status of your flight online. Doing this will give you time to prepare if there are any changes or cancellations.
2. Make H2O your bff. At least 24 hours before you fly, be sure to lay off of the high sodium and greasy foods, and slam water. Your body naturally swells at a plane's cruising altitude. Your high sodium dinner the evening before will not help this situation. Water flushes out toxins in your body, and can reduce swelling. But water isn't just good to prevent bloating while traveling. Water is essential to your skin hydration. Planes recycle air, and this can be very drying to the skin. Water is your body's best friend everyday, but especially when traveling!

3. Clothes. So this is a topic that I know is discussed alot, but I have to add to it. What you wear to the airport. Being passionate about fashion, I'm not too fond of the whole sweatspajamasandmessyhair at the airport thing. Yes, you want to be comfortable. You will be doing alot of sitting. But this is not a pajama party. Yet some people go too far with fashion. You don't need excessive jewelry. Or six inch heels. You should keep in mind that you will be going through security, and that you could have to run to your flight to make final boarding call. I personally reccomend wearing jeans that are comfortable, but figure flattering. I like to layer my tops, because planes can get cold. As for shoes, make sure they are comfy...and match your outfit ;)

4. WATER! WATER! WATER! So, I know I brought up H2O already, but it cannot be stressed enough. While on the plane, drink as much as possible! Trust me. Also, I like to use a hydrating facial spray.

I could go on and on about the millions of tips I have for traveling, but it would take all day! Remember to grab any important documents you may need, such as visas, passports, IDs, etc. Double check your bags the day before, and just before you leave for the airport to make sure you have eveything you need! Do you have any other tips? Fave destinations? Let me know! Have a safe trip to wherever you need to go.
X's and O's,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment