Friday, January 20, 2012

Counting My Blessings

Hello Beautiful Ones,
Today, I suddenly felt inspired to write this post. It probably sounds a little sappy, and Thanksgiving may be over, but I am feeling overwhelemed by how blessed I am. I have so much to be thankful for, and I feel that I don't express it enough sometimes. So, I thought what better place to do so than here?

I am so beyond thankful for my new life. As many of you know(or should), I just moved to Germany from the United States. While some aspects of moving here have been a little intimidating( learning a new language anyone?), I can never express how grateful I am to have a fresh start. I am in a place where I have no history. Nobody can hold my past mistakes against me. I have a chance to completely be myself without anyone ruining it, because not many know me here. I have needed a fresh start for a long time in my life. What a gift.

I am thankful for my friends and family. I couldn't have asked for a better family, or set of friends. They are all such wonderful people. They have pulled me through alot, and probably five me more credit than I deserve. I am surrouded by such loving people.

I am thankful for my health. I have wasted too many years loathing my body wishing for it to be better, etc. But I have often forgotten to be thankful that I am a healthy person. I have taken my body for granted, and been blind to all of the amazing things it can do. All of the times I have been down about my body, I have forgotten that it could be much worse. So many others in this world suffer from deadly illnesses, deformations, accidents, and many health issues. I realize that I have it pretty good, and I will never forget that again.

I am thankful for all that I have. Such a blessing to have clean water, enough food, and a warm roof over my head. We all wish for finer things, but so many others in the world are hungry, drinking contaminated water, etc. I know how lucky I am to be in the position I am today.

This sounds weird, but I am thankful for all of my mistakes and unfortunate events in my life. Especially last year, I went through alot of things that were difficult to deal with. I have made so many mistakes in the past. But all of these trying times and mistakes helped get me to the wonderful place I am in today. They made me realize how strong of a person I am. I wouldn't take any of it back.

I am SO blessed that I met the love of my life. Many people search for a very long time, or forever to find their soulmate. The One. I am so beyond lucky to have found the love of my life. Andre has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. Everyday, I am reminded how lucky I am to have such a beautiful person by my side. He truly sees my heart, and understands me. He makes me laugh, he makes me think. He showed me what is was to really trust someone and let them in. He deals with me even when I am being a total pain. He has showed me what it means to love someone so much that it hurts. He has a big heart, and an award-winning smile. Andre came into my life at a very low point in my life. He changed everything for the better. I am thankful that we are finally living our fairytale together, and I am excited for the years to come. Thanks for eveything, Andre. I love you forever<3

I know, I know. Sappy, right? But I had to get it out. Instead of focusing on the negatives, we should always remember all of the things we have, and be thankful. What are YOU thankful for?
X's and O's,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment